Ati nutrition proctored questions and answers latest 2022/2023
15. A nurse is assessing the nutritional status of an infant who is 6 months old. The infant weighed 2.7 kg
at birth. Which of the following indicate to the nurse that the infant is within expected range?
• 5.5 kg
• 6.4 kg
• 4.5 kg
• 3.6 kg
16. A nurse is reinforcing dietary teaching with a client who has vitamin A deficiency. Which of the
following food choices should the nurse recommend the best source of vitamin A?
• 1 small baked sweet potato
• 1 cup avocado
• 1 cup green beans
• 1 large apple
17. A nurse is teaching a client who has chronic kidney disease about dietary needs. Which of the
following foods should the nurse identify as being the lowest in phosphorus?
• Medium apple
• Bran cereal
• Scrambled eggs
• Ground turkey
18. A nurse is caring for a client who is receiving chemotherapy treatments. The client states, “I feel so
nauseated after my treatments.” Which of the following instructions should the nurse provide the
client? (Select all that apply.) Common foods that are served cold.
• Limit use of antiemetics until after first emesis.
• Sit up for 1 hr after eating meals.
• Eat foods low in carbohydrates.
• Sip fluids slowly throughout the day.
19. A nurse is providing nutritional education to a client who is obese. The nurse should include in the
information that which of the following gastrointestinal disorders is commonly associated with
• Peptic ulcer disease
• Gastroesophageal reflux disease
• Celiac disease
• Crohn’s disease
20. A nurse is completing a nutritional assessment of an adult female client. Which ofthe following
findings should indicate to the nurse that the client is at an increased risk of developing cancer?
• Eats at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
• Eats 6 servings of whole grains daily.
• Limits alcohol consumption to 2 drinks per day. Limits red meat intake to 3oz per day.
21. A nurse is providing dietary teaching to a client who has a body mass index of 28.
Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
• Encourage the client to continue current daily caloric intake.
• Recommend a total fiber intake of 12g each day.
• Advise the client to add 500 calories per day to the diet. Refer the client to a weight-loss
Contact the Author
to contact this author.