Ati nutrition proctored questions and answers latest 2021/2022
• Vitamin B12
8. A nurse is caring for a client who reports she is having difficulty losing weight.
Which of the following responses by the nurse is appropriate?
• Eat small portions of the high-calorie foods first.
• Set a goal and you will be able to attain it.
It is helpful to self-monitor your eating.
• Taste food while cooking to help curb your appetite.
9. A nurse is providing discharge teaching about food choices to a client who has hypokalemia. Which
of the following foods should the nurse identify as the best source of potassium?
• 1 cup grapes
• 1 cup shredded lettuce
• 1 cup cooked tomatoes
• 1 cup apple slices
10. A nurse is providing teaching to an obese client who has gestational diabetes andis at 25 weeks of
gestation. Which of the following statements made by the client indicates a need for further
• This does not mean that my baby will have this disease.
• This means that I will have diabetes for the rest of my life.
If I feel dizzy, I should drink six ounces of a non-diet soda.
• Being obese might be one reason why I developed diabetes.
11. A nurse is planning care for a client who has ascites secondary to liver disease.
Which of the following interventions should the nurse include in the plan of care?
• Reduce complex carbohydrates to 30% of total calories.
• Restrict protein intake to less than 0.8 g/kg/day.
• Decrease daily caloric intake by 20%.
• Limit sodium to 2000 mg or less per day.
12. A nurse is planning eating strategies with a client who has nausea from equilibrium imbalance. Which
of the following strategies should the nurse recommend?
• Encourage the client to eat even if nauseated.
• Provide low-fat carbohydrates with meals.
• Limit fluid intake between meals. Serve hot foods at mealtime.
13. A nurse is discussing denture care with the partner of a client who is unable to perform oral hygiene.
Which of the following should be included in the discussion?
• Floss dentures as part of daily cleaning.
• Wipe dentures before storing them in a dry container at night.
• Wrap gloved fingers with gauze to remove dentures. Use a washcloth to clean the denture
14. A nurse is caring for a 30-month-old toddler and is preparing a nutritional snack. Which of the
following foods is appropriate for the nurse to offer the toddler?
• Plain popcorn
• Raw carrots
Contact the Author
to contact this author.