NUR 3980 Week 9 Neuro QUESTION ANSWERS
1. A nurse is preparing to assess a client's cerebellar function. Which of the following would the
nurse expect to test?
a. Remote memory
b. Mental status exam
2. When evaluating a client's risk for cerebrovascular accident, which client would the nurse identify
as being at highest risk?
a. 35-year-old African American who has sleep apnea
b. 68-year-old African American with hypertension
c. 42-year-old Caucasian woman who smokes
d. 55-year-old Caucasian male who has a two beers a week
3. A nurse is preparing to assess the cranial nerves of a client. The nurse is about to test CN I.
Which of the following would the nurse do?
a. Perform the Weber test.
b. Test extraocular eye movements.
c. Ask a client to identify scents.
d. Use a Snellen chart to test visual acuity.
4. On assessment of a client, the nurse finds that the client has difficulty in producing and
understanding language. How should the nurse document this finding in the client's record?
5. While the client is sitting quietly, the thumb and index finger of the left hand are moving in a
circular motion. The nurse identifies this finding as which of the following problems?