NUR 2180 Physical Assessment Quiz Respiratory
1. Where can bronchial sounds be heard?: Over the trachea. It is loud, harsh, and usually upon
2. What type of adventitious sound is created by narrowing of the bronchi?-
3. ·What does a rhonchi finding represent?: There is inflammation in the lung due to an
obstruction or other cause. Common in patients with COPD, bronchitis, pneumonia or cystic
4. What is tactile fremitus?: palpable vibrations transmitted through the bron- chopulmonary
tree to the chest wall as the patient is speaking
5. What does tactile fremitus assess: The amount of air in the lungs, lung tissue density and fluid
consolidation in the lungs.
6. How to perform tactile fremitus: Palpate chest while PT says "ninety nine"
7. Know why side-to-side pattern is used during a respiratory assessment: -
Assesses for symmetry among the lung fields
8. crackles: rice Krispy sound or pop rocks. Course or fine and it is from increased fluid in the
9. stridor: high pitched crowing noise from upper airway obstruction or an allergic reaction
10. wheeze: high pitched musical sound seen with an asthma attack