NR 509 Final Exam Test Bank 2023
It runs up and
as many small
ce of the
18. parotid gland: The largest salivary gland lies in front of
the ears from zygomatic arch down the jaw angle. Its duct (
Stensen's Duct), to an opening in the buccal mucose,
opposite to the second molar. If out of the Stensen's
ductwhen paotid gland is palapated, it can sug cancer.If pus
is expelled , it suggests suppurative parotiditis.
With mumps the orifice of the Stensen's duct appears erythematous and
19. submandibular gland: It is the size of a walnut. It is a
salivary g the mandible at the jaw angle.
20. Wharton's duct: The excretory duct of the submandibular
gland. forward to the floor of the mouth and opens at either
side of the fren
21. sublingual gland: It is the smallest of major salivary
glands. It i shaped and lies within the floor of the mouth
under the tongue. It h openings along the sublingual fold
under the tongue.
22. Proximal end of the eustachian tube connects to the
: connects the middle ear to the nasopharynx
23. lobule: fleshy projection of the earlobe
24. Tragus: nodular protuberance that points backward over the
entran ear canal. the ear canal opens behind it.