A school-age client with diabetes is placed on an intermediateacting insulin and regular insulin before breakfast and before dinner. She will receive a snack of milk and cereal at bedtime. What does the nurse tell the client the snack is intended to do?
You Selected: • Prevent late night hypoglycemia. Correct response:
• Prevent late night hypoglycemia.
A well-known public official of a small community is admitted to the emergency department following an episode of chest pain. Several nurses from the medical unit are aware of the admission and access the official’s electronic medical record to obtain a status update. What is the best response for the nurse manager to make to the nurses regarding this situation?
• “Assessing the official’s medical record is a breach of confidentiality.” Correct response:
• “Assessing the official’s medical record is a breach of confidentiality.”
Pasinggrades.com - The Marketplace to Buy and Sell your Study Material
A four-year-old child is diagnosed as having acute lymphocytic leukemia. The white blood cell (WBC) count, especially the neutrophil count, is low. What is the most important intervention the
nurse should teach the parents?
• Protect your child from infections because his resistance to infection is decreased Correct response:
• Protect your child from infections because his resistance to infection is decreased
Contact the Author
to contact this author.