ATI Comprehensive Practice 2022 A/ 142. a nurse is assessing a client who is experiencing autonomic dysreflexia. which of the following
findings should the nurse expect?: facial flushing
nasal congestion headache
143. a nurse is teaching a client who has opioid use disorder about methadone. which of the following
information should the nurse include in the teaching?: "sedation is a common adverse effect of this
144. a nurse is providing teaching to an adolescent following insertion of a tunneled central venous
catheter without a pressure sensitive valve. which of the following information should the nurse include
in the teaching?: "you should keep the catheter clamped when not in use"
flush with heparin
change dressing every 5-7 days
145. a nurse is reviewing the ABG results of a client who has COPD. The results include a pH of 7.3,
PaO2 56 mm Hg, PaCO2 54 mm Hg. HCO3 26 mEq/L, SaO2 87%. Which of the following is the correct
interpretation of these values: uncompensated respiratory acidosis
146. a nurse is assessing a client who has Raynaud's disease. Which of the following findings should
the nurse expect?: Blanching of the fingers and toes
147. a nurse is caring for a client who has a terminal illness and requests no lifesaving measures if a
cardiac arrest occurs. which of the following statements should the nurse make?: "I will provide you with
information about medical treatment to include in your living will"
148. A nurse is teaching the parents of a toddler about snacks. Which of the following foods should the
nurse recommend?: diced steamed carrots
149. a nurse is caring for a toddler who is admitted to the pediatric unit for surgery. which of the
following should the nurse include in the toddler's plan of care?: encourage the parents to bring toys from
150. a nurse receives a request from a client to review the information in his medical record. which of
the following responses should the nurse give?: "There's a protocol for reviewing your medical record and I
can initiate the process"
Contact the Author
to contact this author.