Test Bank for Patient Care in Radiography 10th Edition by Ehrlich
Chapter 01: Introduction to Radiography
Ehrlich: Patient Care in Radiography: With an Introduction to Medical Imaging, 10th Edition
1. X-rays were discovered in 1895 by
ANS: C REF: p. 2 OBJ: 1
2. Of the following types of electromagnetic energy, which has the shortest wavelength? a. Radio waves
c. Visible light
d. Ultraviolet light
ANS: B REF: p. 7 OBJ: 7
3. Which of the following is not an accurate statement regarding the characteristics of x-rays?
a. They can penetrate matter that is impenetrable to light.
b. They cause certain crystals to fluoresce.
c. They can be refracted by a lens.
d. They cannot be detected by the human senses.
ANS: C REF: p. 7 | p. 8 OBJ: 8
4. An electron cloud surrounding a hot cathode is referred to as a(n)
a. focusing cup.
c. space charge.
ANS: C REF: p. 6 OBJ: 6
5. The purpose of rotating the x-ray tube target is to
a. create a space charge.
b. remove long-wavelength photons from the x-ray beam.
c. focus the electron stream on a small target area.
d. increase the heat capacity of the anode.
ANS: D REF: p. 9 OBJ: 6
6. An imaginary photon that is emitted from the center of the focal spot, perpendicular to the long axis of the x-ray tube, is called the a. electron stream.
b. x-ray beam.
c. central ray.
d. radiation field.
ANS: C REF: p. 8 OBJ: 10
7. A device used to control the size of the radiation field is a
c. tube housing.
ANS: A REF: p. 8 OBJ: 11
8. The function of an x-ray grid is to
a. decrease patient radiation dose.
b. increase radiographic resolution.
c. increase radiographic contrast by reducing scatter radiation fog.
d. increase radiographic density.
ANS: C REF: p. 14 OBJ: 11
9. The majority of radiography education programs today are based in
a. proprietary schools.
ANS: D REF: p. 4 OBJ: 3
10. The container for the vacuum of the x-ray tube is made of
Please Sign In to contact this author.