NUR 004 Final Exam questions and answers real exam for this year
NUR 004 Final Exam
1. Client call lights come on while the unlicensed assistive
personnel (UAP) sits at a desk and reads a magazine. When
the nurse asks the UAP to answer the lights, the UAP says,
"Those aren't my clients." What is the best response by the
1. "Would you mind answering the lights anyway?"
2. "I need you to answer the lights because we want to provide
good client care."
3. Say nothing and answer the lights, but write up a
4. Tell the UAP that this is unacceptable and speak to the
nurse manager.: 2 2. The risk management nurse is
reviewing client records. Which nursing intervention could
have contributed to a sentinel event?
1. Administered flumazenil to a client who overdosed on
2. Administered insulin/dextrose to a client with potassium
level of 7.2 mEq/L (7.2 mmol/L)
3. Administered warfarin to a client with International
Normalized Ratio of 6 4. Initiated nitroprusside infusion in a
client with blood pressure of 210/112 mm Hg: 3
3. The registered nurse is caring for multiple clients on a busy
surgical unit and should delegate which action to the
unlicensed assistive personnel?
1. Assist client, post hip fracture repair, to the bathroom
2. Check the appearance of client's wound
3. If client tolerates oral liquids, discontinue nasogastric tube
4. Offer orange juice to client if bedside glucose reading is