Emergency Medicine Red Cross Lifeguarding Test latest 2022/
1. CPR Should be performed on a victim who is...: In Cardiac
Arrest or uncon- scious with an obstructed airway.
2. After an AED says "No Shock Advised," it is best to...:
Perform CPR for about 2 minutes.
3. When giving chest compressions to an adult, how do you
position your hands?: Heel of one hand on the center of the
chest with the other hand on top.
4. Once you have turned on the AED, you should...: Apply the
pads and allow the AED to analyze the heart rhythm.
5. When providing care to a conscious infant who is choking,
it is most appropriate to...: Position the infant so the head is
lower than the chest.
6. The cycle of chest compressions and ventilations in tworescuer
compressions and 2
7. The purpose of a secondary assessment is to...: Identify and
care for condi- tions that are not life threatening.
8. When giving a primary ventilation to an adult who is
unconscious and not breathing, you notice the chest is not