- Which of the following strategies does Twitter need to implement to increase its
A. charge no fee to individual
B. increase its user
C. deliver ads in real
D. allow core users to stay always
- _ is best described as an integrative management field that combines analysis,
formulation, and implementation in the quest for competitive advantage.
A. Supply chain
B. Integrated technology
- _ is best described as a set of goal-directed actions a firm takes to gain and
sustain superior performance relative to competitors.
- Which of the following stages of the strategic management process involves an
evaluation of a firm’s external and internal environments?
- In _, a firm frames a guiding policy to address the competitive challenge.
- Through _, a firm puts its guiding policy into practice by employing a set of
Purchase book at Amazon: ISE Strategic Management 4th Edition
- A firm that achieves superior performance relative to other firms in the same industry
or the industry average has a(n)
- Patterson Foods Inc. was the first company to start selling energy bars in its country
—a product that gained popularity among diverse groups. Soon, other companies
started to sell their own brands of energy bars, thereby giving Patterson Foods ample
competition. In response, Patterson Foods decided to limit its variety of energy bars
to only four. However, it ensured that these four varieties were low in calories and
low in cost. With this innovation, Patterson Foods Inc. consistently outperformed its
competitors for ten years. In this scenario, Patterson Foods Inc. maintained a _
through its innovative strategy.
C. consistent power
D. sustainable competitive
- Which of the following scenarios illustrates a firm that has a sustainable competitive
A. Jamison Inc. generated revenue of $300,000 this financial year, which is close to
the industrial revenue average of $320,000.
B. CR Inc. almost doubled its sales to 9,000 units this year compared to its previous
year’s sales of 5,000 units, though the industry average is 10,000 units.
C. Zhang Corp. was able to hold its market share of 68 percent in the social
networking industry for more than three years.
D. Peak Inc. was able to outperform its competitors with its new production system, in
terms of revenue, for a brief period of four months.
- If SA Pharmaceuticals obtains an 18 percent return on invested capital, which of the
following will help determine if it has a competitive advantage over other
A. comparing the return to the return on invested capital obtained by other firms
in the industry
B. assessing the value based on the shareholders’ expectations of return on
C. evaluating the liquidity ratios for other pharmaceutical
D. comparing the value to the history of the firm’s return of investment over a
number of years
- Paying taxes to local government authorities from the annual revenues generated by
a firm represents the firm’s _ responsibilities.
- Which of the following is typically an economic responsibility of a firm?
A. sourcing raw materials from highly developed
B. paying adequate returns to the firm’s stockholders on the capital
invested by them
C. donating resources, in terms of money and time, toward community
D. helping a nation increase its import of goods and
- A firm’s economic responsibilities are primarily directed toward
A. minimizing shareholders’
B. acting as a good corporate
C. doing what is right, just, and
D. gaining and sustaining competitive
- The minimum wage in the country of New Morland is $8 an hour. Odion, a restaurant
in New Morland’s capital city, pays its servers $8 per hour. However, the
management of the restaurant feels that this amount is excessive for workers whose
only job is to clear tables. By continuing to adhere to the rules set by the government
of New Morland, which of the following responsibilities is Odion satisfying?
Which of the following is an example of fulfilling philanthropic responsibilities?
A. A dentist lowers his fees to make his practice more
B. A legal firm donates large amounts of money to
C. A skateboard manufacturer builds a handicap entrance
required by law.
D. A toy manufacturer changes a product to comply with safety
In 2010, an explosion of a BP oil drill resulted in the deaths of 11 workers and the
largest environmental disaster in U.S. history. The BP CEO was fired because of his
ineffective handling of the crisis. The CEO lost his job because he failed to uphold
Which of the following is notcompetitive strategy?
105Which of the following provides an example of what AFI strategy framework is used
A. Using AFI, the Gasquet Motor Company was able to implement a strategy that
produced high-quality cars more efficiently and thereby reduced costs.
B. Using AFI, the Chen Restaurant Group was able to improve employee benefits and
thereby increase employee loyalty.
C. Using AFI, the Sanchez Clothing Company was able to implement a strategy that
allowed them to give more money to charities and thereby gain good press.
D. Using AFI, the Richardson Tea Group was able to reduce the pollution it caused
while processing tea and thereby receive an award.