Chapter One discusses a variety of research designs that are used to study development. For this first activity, we are going to come up with our own research ideas! Please use at least 200 words to respond to the following prompts:
1) Identify a research question related to development that you're interested in studying
2) Provide a hypothesis - what do you predict the study will show? What is the IV/DV?
3) Who is your sample? Why did you choose them?
4) Design a study to test this question and describe how you'd test it. Your response should include the methodology (e.g., observation, self-report), design (e.g., correlational, experimental) and type (cross-sectional, longitudinal, sequential).
5) What are the strengths and weaknesses of the particular study design you've implemented?
Click here to download answers