8 Tips to Passing NCLEX-RN Exam in 2023
Attaining passing grades for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) exam has continuously been a challenge for many students.
NCLEX-RN is a standardized exam taken by registered nurses (RN) as a qualification for earning a license to practice. Many students panic since it is the sole determiner of whether they are going to attain the license for them to practice as nurses thus attaining low grades out of fear.
However, it should be known among nursing students that NCLEX-RN is just an exam like the others that you’ve taken previously.
Tips to pass NCLEX exams
1. Have a good understanding of the NCLEX-RN format
2. Come up with a study plan
3. Create enough time to revise
4. Find past NCLEX-RN exams and study them
5. Manage stress
6. Study early and avoid rush
7. The eve of the NCLEX-RN Exam
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Eat a good dinner
- Get rest
- Make sure your car has gas
- Gather the documents needed for testing
- Know how to get to the testing center (and an alternate route)
- Don’t take any new medicine
8. Trust yourself and what you’ve learnt