Gynecologic Health Care: With an Introduction to Prenatal and Postpartum Care 4th Edition
Chapter 1 A Feminist Perspective of Women's Health &
Chapter 2 Racism and Health Disparities
Select the one correct answer to each of the following questions.
• Which of the following best defines the term “gender” as used in this text?
• A person’s sex
• A person’s sex as defined by society
• A societal response to a person’s self-representation as a man or woman
• A person’s biological presentation as defined by himself or herself
• Which factor bears most on women’s health care today?
• The complexity of women’s health
• Women’s status and position in society
• Population growth
• The economy
• Why is
acknowledging the oppression of women more
ficult within Western societies?
• The multiplicity of minority groups complicates the issue.
• The availability of health care makes acknowledgment more difficult.
• The diversity of the news media clouds the issue.
• Affluence and increased opportunities mask oppression.
• Which of the following most accurately defines “oppression” as used in the text?
• Not having a choice
• Not having a voice
• An act of tyranny
• A feeling of being burdened
In what way does a model of care based on a feminist perspective
with a biomedical model?
• It provides a forum for the exploration of gender issues.
• It seeks equal distribution of power within the healthcare interaction.
• It emphasizes women’s rights.