1. In the Incident Management System (IMS), the functional area that directs the
organization's tactics to meet the strategic goals developed by command and is responsible for
the management of all activities applicable to the primary mission is:: Operations
2. Directions: Read the following statements and choose the correct answer from
alternatives A-D below.
Statement 1:A policy is a guide to thinking or decision making. Statement 2:A procedure is
a detailed plan of action.
Statement 3:Standard operating procedures apply to both emergency and non-emergency
situations.: All three statements are true.
3. What is the principle called that says each fire fighter answers to only one supervisor?:
Unity of command
4. Which of the following is not considered one of the basic duties of an engine company?:
Performing technical rescue
5. One of the major advantages of an Incident Management System (IMS) is that it allows
agencies to communicate using common and operating procedures.:
6. The process of dividing large jobs into smaller jobs to make them more manageable is
described as:: division of labor.
7. On the fireground, the safety officer reports to:: the incident commander.
8. What is developed to provide definite guidelines for present and future actions?: Policies