JB LEARNING, EMT FINAL EXAM 2022
1. A 4-year-old, 15-kg male ingested an unknown quantity of
acetaminophen (Tylenol). The child's mother states that she
does not know when the ingestion occurred. The child is
conscious and alert and in no apparent distress. The EMT
should:: administer 15 g of activated charcoal.
2. A patient who has experienced a back injury, with or without
spinal cord damage, would be triaged with a ___________ tag
during a mass-casualty incident: yellow
3. An unconscious patient found in a prone position must be
placed in a supine position in case he or she:: requires CPR
4. Following delivery of a pulseless and apneic infant who has a
foul odor, skin sloughing, and diffuse blistering, you should::
Provide emotional support to the mother
5. Substance abuse is MOST accurately defined as:: knowingly
misusing a substance to produce a desired effect.
6. Both areas of the pons are sued to:: augment respiration during
physical or emotional stress
7. A transient ischemia attack (TIA) occurs when:: a small clot in
a cerebral artery causes temporary symptoms.