Emergency Medicine RED CROSS LIFEGUARDING ONLINE ANSWERS_ Updated Summer 2022/
1. To ensure high-quality CPR and high-quality chest
compressions, you should: Expose the victim's chest to ensure
proper hand placement and full chest recoil.
2. Which of the following would you identify as the
universal sign that a conscious person is choking?:
Clutching the throat
3. All of the following are components of scene size-up
EXCEPT:: Checking for responsiveness.
4. Your initial impression reveals severe life-threatening
bleeding in an adult victim who appears to be unresponsive.
Your next step should be:: Control the bleeding with any
5. Which of the following is most essential to use when giving
ventilations to protect you and the victim from disease
transmission?: Resuscitation masks
6. You and another lifeguard are preparing for CPR on an adult
who collapsed in the locker room. You determine that there is
Contact the Author
to contact this author.