CHAPTER 1. THE ROLE OF THE NURSE PRACTITIONER
EXAM QUESTIONS WITH VERIFIED DETAILED ANSWERS
ALREADY A+ LATEST 2023-2024
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1. Nurse practitioner prescriptive authority is regulated by:
1. The National Council of State Boards of Nursing
2. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
3. The State Board of Nursing for each state
4. The State Board of Pharmacy
2. The benefits to the patient of having an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse(APRN)
1. Nurses know more about Pharmacology than otherprescribers
because they take it both in their basic
nursing program and in their APRN program.
2. Nurses care for the patient from a holistic approach
and include the patient in decision making regardingtheir care.
3. APRNs are less likely to prescribe narcotics and
other controlled substances.
4. APRNs are able to prescribe independently in all states,
whereas a physician’s assistant needs to have
a physician supervising their practice.
3. Clinical judgment in prescribing includes:
1. Factoring in the cost to the patient of the medication
2. Always prescribing the newest medication available
for the disease process
3. Handing out drug samples to poor patients
4. Prescribing all generic medications to cut costs
4. Criteria for choosing an effective drug for a disorder include:
Asking the patient what drug they think would
work best for them
THE ROLE OF THE NURSE PRACTITIONER EXAM GRADED A+
2. Consulting nationally recognized guidelines for
3. Prescribing medications that are available as
samples before writing a pre