ATI TEAS English & Language Usage Review Test 2023
8. We sat down to eat our meal outside; the night was beautiful.: Which of the following
sentences is punctuated correctly?
9. Statistics is an interesting subject. However, statistics are often mislead- ing.: Which of the
following sentences correctly uses subjective-verb agreement
10. The blue-footed booby is a magnificent specimen: Which of the following sentences
contains formal language, rather than informal language.
11. Who's: Because of running around, their clients are confused about whose in charge, and the
company is losing its competitive edge. Which of the following contractions should be used to
correct the error in the sentence above?
12. Although some people think of cologne as old-fashioned, I prefer to consider it timeless.
Nevertheless, there are serious problems with the pearl-fishing industry.: -
Which of the following could function effectively as a topic sentence (select all that apply)?
13. Gilda is a hardworking student; therefore, she earned a good grade on her essay.: Which
of the following sentences uses a transition word correctly?
14. I walked all three dogs around the park this morning: Which of the following is a complete
15. Crises: Which of the following options is the correct spelling of the plural form
16. Within the veins: According to the prefix "intra-," which of the following is the best
definition of the word "intravenous"
17. Organic gardening ranges from basic compositing to a chemical analysis of the soil: Which
of the following sentences supports the following thesis state- ment?
Organic gardening can be as simple or complex as you choose to make it.
18. Maori culture should receive more emphasis in the history curriculum of
New Zealand schools: Which of the following is a thesis statement?
19. I am applying to this internship to gain experience with your company: -
Which of the following sentence is the most formal in style?
20. Adjective: which of the following parts of speech is the word "lively" is the sentence below
The very lively lady was riding a beautiful parade float.