Ati nutrition proctored questions and answers latest 2021 2022
1. A nurse is providing dietary teaching to a client who has a new diagnosis of
gastroesophageal reflux disease. Which of the following foods or beverages should
the nurse recommended to minimize heartburn?
2. A nurse is preparing g to teach a group of clients about vitamins and minerals. The
nurse should include in the teaching that which of the following minerals is necessary
for the transmission of nerve impulses?
3. A nurse is caring for a client who has a body mass index (BMI) of 30. Four weeks
after nutritional counseling, which of the following evaluation findings indicates the
plan of care was followed?
BMI of 25
Weight gain of 1.8kg
BMI of 33
Weight loss of 2.7kg
4. A nurse is caring for a client who follows the dietary laws of Orthodox Judaism.
Which of the following meal choices should the nurse request for the client?
Turkey and cheese sandwich
Spaghetti with tomato sauce
Pork chop and applesauce
Scrambled eggs and bacon
5. A nurse is a long-term care facility is developing strategies to promote increased
food intake for an older adult client. Which of the following interventions should the
Offer sugar substitutes to increase the client’s appetite.
Provide opportunities to eat three large meals per day.
Provide entertainment while the client is eating.
Offer finger foods at mealtime.
6. A nurse is caring for four clients. The nurse should plan to administer total
parenteral nutrition for which of the following clients?
A client who is postoperative following a laminectomy and is receiving IV PCA
A client who has dysphagia and does not recognize his family
A client who has COPD and is going home with oxygen
A client who has colon cancer and will undergo a hemicolectomy
7. A nurse is performing a nutritional evaluation for a client who reports paresthesia
of the hands and feet. The nurse should identify this manifestation as an indication of
which of the following dietary deficiencies?
8. A nurse is caring for a client who reports she is having difficulty losing weight.
Which of the following responses by the nurse is appropriate?
Eat small portions of the high-calorie foods first.
Set a goal and you will be able to attain it.
It is helpful to self-monitor your eating.
Taste food while cooking to help curb your appetite.
9. A nurse is providing discharge teaching about food choices to a client who has
hypokalemia. Which of the following foods should the nurse identify as the best
source of potassium?
1 cup grapes
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup cooked tomatoes
1 cup apple slices
10. A nurse is providing teaching to an obese client who has gestational diabetes and
is at 25 weeks of gestation. Which of the following statements made by the client
indicates a need for further teaching?
This does not mean that my baby will have this disease.
This means that I will have diabetes for the rest of my life.
If I feel dizzy, I should drink six ounces of a non-diet soda.
Being obese might be one reason why I developed diabetes.
11. A nurse is planning care for a client who has ascites secondary to liver disease.
Which of the following interventions should the nurse include in the plan of care?
Reduce complex carbohydrates to 30% of total calories.
Restrict protein intake to less than 0.8 g/kg/day.
Decrease daily caloric intake by 20%.
Limit sodium to 2000 mg or less per day.
12. A nurse is planning eating strategies with a client who has nausea from
equilibrium imbalance. Which of the following strategies should the nurse
Encourage the client to eat even if nauseated.
Provide low-fat carbohydrates with meals.
Limit fluid intake between meals.
Serve hot foods at mealtime.
13. A nurse is discussing denture care with the partner of a client who is unable to
perform oral hygiene. Which of the following should be included in the discussion?
Floss dentures as part of daily cleaning.
Wipe dentures before storing them in a dry container at night.
Wrap gloved fingers with gauze to remove dentures.
Use a washcloth to clean the denture surfaces.
14. A nurse is caring for a 30-month-old toddler and is preparing a nutritional snack.
Which of the following foods is appropriate for the nurse to offer the toddler?
15. A nurse is assessing the nutritional status of an infant who is 6 months old. The
infant weighed 2.7 kg at birth. Which of the following indicate to the nurse that the
infant is within expected range?
Please Sign In to contact this author.