ATI Mental Health Exam 2020 B (All Answers Correct)
31. a nurse is monitoring communication between a client who has alcohol use disorder and
their partner. which of the following communication pat- terns of the clients partner should
the nurse identify as being effective?: I become very angry when you get drunk
32. a nurse is contributing to the plan of care for a client who has an anxiety disorder. which
of the following interventions should thenurse recommend be included in the plan?: help the
client to identify situations that trigger their anxiety
33. a nurse is contributing to the plan of care for a client who has antisocial personality
disorder . which of the following shot term goals should the nurse recommend be included in the
plan?: the client will discuss feelings that cause hostility
34. a nurse is caring for a client who was admitted with major depressive disorder (MDD)
and states that they do not want to attend group therapy. which of the following responses
should the nurse make?: what are your feelings about group therapy?
35. a nurse is caring for a client who is scheduled for electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
Which of the following actions should the nurse take prior to the procedure?: administer
atropine sulfate IM
36. a nurse is assisting with the plan of care for a client who is malnourished due to alcohol use
disorder. which of the following interventions should the nurse include in the plan?: restrict
the clients sodium intake
37. a nurse is planning to collect data from a group of clients. the nurse should expect that
which of the following clients is likely to exhibit pattern alterations?: a client who has
38. a nurse is caring for four clients who are displaying the use of defense mechanisms.
which of the following client should the nurse identify as using a maladaptive defense